Friday, May 17, 2013

Life on 6m

Six metres came to life today but it was not what I would call "wide open". I had to hunt around for contacts. I started off using SSB but switched to CW which had a bit more action.

2013/05/1712:0250.140SSBI2PJA5959TonyJN45pb
2013/05/1712:0650.175SSBOK1VAM5757JN79ix
2013/05/1712:1450.146SSBEA3EVL5959JN00hr
2013/05/1712:2450.141SSBEA1DR5959OscarIN83aj
2013/05/1712:3950.094CWEB3DYS599599
2013/05/1714:0550.083CWEA3AR599579JN12db
2013/05/1714:1150.093CWEA4GB599579IN80el
2013/05/1714:1550.097CWF5JGL599579IN95re
2013/05/1714:2150.101CWEA3NT599579JN01pe
2013/05/1714:4050.100CWEA1SI599579IN73dm
2013/05/1714:4750.090CWHA3LI599579AliJN96av
2013/05/1715:0050.089CWOM5XX599579JN97bs

Something seems to have gone wrong with the logging this afternoon because I'm sure I received some 599 reports and I'm even surer that I gave out some 579s. When someone gives me a report that is not 599 I usually try and give them a realistic report. But it really is easier if everyone is 599 because KComm remembers the last report sent and receive and logs it as the same unless I remember to change it. Normally I've forgotten what report I was given two seconds after receiving it.

Operating and logging at the same time is more than my poor brain can cope with these days. I prefer digimodes where you get a printout of the complete exchange and can fill in the log at your leisure.
Post a Comment