According to Bob Bruninga WB4APR, Kenwood announced an update to the TM-D710 firmware at Dayton. The changes are:
- INTERRUPT ALWAYS: always displays information about every packet received on screen for a few seconds, not just packets from new stations.
- INFINITE: extends the above to retain the information about the last heard packet on screen.
- MY PACKET: now displays the actual digi path used when your own packet is digipeated so you don't just see that it was digipeated you can see which digipeater.
- TOP button: LIST display inserts new entries at the top so no need to scroll down.
- HEADING/UP: you can toggle the compass rose to North-UP or Heading
- PREVIEW of PHRASES: When selecting phrases you can see a preview of
first 9 bytes.
- READ/REPLY keys come up when a message is flashed on the front panel
- OVERLAYS: You can now select overlay characters on any symbol
- TOTAL hops can be set as low as 0 instead of 1.
- Auto-Powerup-Time set (if GPS is connected and is locked)
The update also contains some bug fixes. It does not include support for item-in-message or any other previously unsupported APRS features. :(
At this time the update is not yet available for download from Kenwood's website.